Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Football Themed Decimal Math Centers for Fifth Grade {with a freebie!}


Hey everyone :-)

I wanted to share my latest set of math centers with you all!  I'm a huge believer in math centers.  Math center work is critical to my math workshop.  I use math centers to give my on-level students additional practice while I work with students who really need small group instruction to master skills.  I also find it useful to have centers available for students who need a review later in the year, say around testing time.

These centers are designed to be used at any point during the school year.  While I LOVE seasonal centers, I'm not sure many students want to revisit Halloween centers in February!  These football themed centers focus on three decimal standards for fifth grade math: 5.NBT.3a and b, 5.NBT.4 and 5.NBT.7.  Each center has 6 cards, a recording sheet and an answer key for the teacher.



Take a look:

 In this center, students add and subtract decimals.  They can match their answers to the answer cards provided.  This makes the center self-checking!  There is also a multiplying and dividing version included.
 In this center, students work with decimals to the thousandths place.  They round to the underlined digit and record their answers on the sheet.

 On each card, students read two similar decimal numbers.  They compare the values using <, > or = symbols.
In the writing decimals center, students practice writing decimals in word form, standard form and expanded form.  You can grab this center for free right HERE or by clicking the image above.
And one final center: problem solving.  Students apply their operation skills to word problems!


As always, new products are listed at a discounted price!  You can get the full product HERE.

3 comments:

  1. Can you hear me squealing with delight all the way down here in Florida? I am. Just bought these centers. You're the best!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gooday everyone, I am Mrs courage a well known GRADE (AA) LONDON CLOTHES BALES business woman with two kids.i have any kind of bales you demand for children, adults clothes shoes hand bags etc contact on +2348100170396 for your patronage thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. What if I say that this is one of the best article of this topic & it is well written with the good amount of content.

    Nursing Assignment Help

    ReplyDelete