Sunday, August 30, 2015

A Peek at My Year: Fourth Grade Literacy

Last week I shared my third grade plans, which you can read HERE.  Today, I want to share my outline for fourth grade.  I used very similar ideas, but tried to elevate them for fourth grade.  Also, the texts we share will be more sophisticated.  Remember that I am teaching a supplemental program, so I'm not trying to cover every single ELA standard.



September and October for all grades will focus on those beginning of year workshop mini lessons. Students will learn how to choose books, set goals and we will review fix up strategies as needed.  I plan to read aloud Stone Fox and The Tiger Rising.  

For November and December, all grades will work on character study.  We will refer back to The Tiger Rising for most of this work.  We will share another text, but I haven't chosen it yet!

For January and February, we will study biography.  My students have loved the Who Was Book Series last year. 

For March and April, we will work on historical fiction book clubs.  I'm thinking of offering Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes,  Sarah, Plain and Tall and the I Survived Books.

For May and June, we will deepen our analysis of text.  We may use short text because you know how the end of the year is!

In my next post, I'll share my fifth grade year long map and my favorite unit from last year!

1 comment:

  1. What the blog is missing out on is a superb conclusion, as it would have given it the perfect finishing touch. Now you can make most of the academic writing services at MyAssignmentHelpAU offering Buy Assignment Online. The services promise to add all elements your paper needs.

    ReplyDelete