Oh, sweet Friday! I'm so happy it's here finally!
Here are a few things that have been going on in my room this week:
1. We launched ReadyGen. Our first unit is Depending on Each Other and we are reading Night of the Spadefoot Toads. My students are really enjoying the story and having really great conversations about the book. I am loving having a copy of text for each student!
"Team Talk" - students state an opinion and refer back to text for evidence
2. We are studying character.
Our essential questions focus on character. Our discussions have focused on how traits are revealed, external and internal conflict and character motivations. ReadyGen does not come with homework, so I designed some graphic organizers for character study. This week, my students worked on this mini organizer at home and at school during independent reading. You can grab a copy of it HERE or check out the editable product on TpT HERE. (It's on sale for the weekend!)
3. We are wrapping up Back to School Math Centers! This was a great way to assess the kids skills in a low stress way. I used the data revealed through their work to help students write their beginning of year math goals. They were also a great way to get kids into a math workshop routine! Next up: Halloween Centers!
4. We experimented with complimentary colors. I have an amazing artists in my room....but one in particular who is just knocking my socks off with his awesomeness.
5. My favorite kindergarten-er turned five this week! I'm really looking forward to his party this weekend :-)
I hope you had a great week! Be sure to check out DoodleBug's linky!