Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fall Math Centers! {Freebie!}

Happy fall!  I'm so in love with the cooler temperatures, the changing leaves, fun fall activities and pumpkin-y baked goods!  We will be celebrating fall in our math classroom with these Fall Themed Math Centers I just finished :-)  Take a peek!

Although we are working on Halloween Centers right now, we will move onto these in November, and I know some of you love to be super prepared and think ahead like I do!  These centers are focused on decimals, which is part of the major work of fifth grade.
 I love math centers that students can visit multiple times!  For Know that Number, students can revisit the center several times by selecting a new number.  Just be sure to keep the center stocked with worksheets!
 This center activity has addition, subtraction, multiplication and division with decimals in separate sets.  You can easily differentiate by assigning students to different sets or remove pages you haven't taught yet.  The student sheet has big spaces for students to show all of their work.
 All of the centers have easy to read instructions and are fairly intuitive for students to complete.  You won't need to spend precious class time teaching and reteaching the directions for the center.
You can check out these centers here on TpT.  They are on sale for $3 from now until Sunday night (10/13).  You can also take a look at a freebie page for adding decimals.  I've included the student sheet and an answer key so you can get a closer look at one of the centers!


2 comments:

  1. YAY! Thank you! I just started adding & subtracting decimals TODAY!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I would love to have this resource. I clicked on your TPT account and it is not there. I am particularly interested in the adding decimals leaves.

    ReplyDelete