Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tried It Tuesday: Adding Patterns to Your Text

I'm linking up with Holly again for Tried It Tuesday!  Today I'm sharing how I use patterns in text for PowerPoint!  I love adding patterns to make the text look more interesting....but playing around with the text can be a bit of a time suck!


 These images are from a PC, but I used the same method on my Mac from school.  You can also use Word if you don't have PowerPoint!
 It really doesn't matter what WordArt style you choose, because you can change everything about it once you open up the formatting window.  Beware that one of the purples is all caps, so I try to avoid that style.  I also don't care for the ones with giant shadows.

 There are lots of free papers on TpT, but if you are looking for a few great sets check out Teaching Super Power's Store or Collaboration Cuties Sparkly Papers


There you have it! This is also a fun trick for teaching students when they want to make covers for their writing!

14 comments:

  1. I've seriously been wondering about this so long - thanks!!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome :-) It might double the amount of time you spend working on your ppts though!

      Delete
  2. This is cool! I've used PPT and Word for eons and never knew you could do this! LOVE IT! Something new for me to play with. THANKS BUNCHES for sharing. I LOVE "stuff" like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love PPT and all the ways you can add detail - I could play around with layout and color and pattern for...well too long :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Although I tend to settle into one style that I really favor for a while!

      Delete
  4. I love this tip and actually forgot about it! One day I was playing around with Word Art and couldn't figure it out. Thanks for the reminder and linking up! :)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that's so cool!! Thanks for sharing. I'm so illiterate when it comes to graphics and fonts - I love learning new things!!! Thanks again
    Erin
    The E-Z Class Follow on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cool!! Thanks so much for sharing. I just assumed people were buying fonts that way....
    Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen fonts that are sold as clipart, but I can't get them to line up properly. Too much work to insert one letter at a time!

      Delete
  7. That's awesome! I had no idea you could do that. I love learning something new and useful. Thank you so much for sharing!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool. Thanks for the wasy instructions. I know you said you word with a Mac--so is there a way (or trick) to doing something like this in Pages?

    Thanks
    Matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never used Pages. My school Mac is on the old side!

      Delete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing this tip! I had no clue that this was possible.

    Foreman Teaches

    ReplyDelete